- A flesh-baring campaign for Diesel and a wheeze by an Argentinian beer brand to keep bar-loving men out of relationship trouble last night shared the top prize in the outdoor category at the Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival.
- However, for the first time since the radio advertising category was introduced in 2005, the judges at the Cannes event have decided that no campaign was worthy of being awarded grand prix status.
- In the outdoor advertising category the grand prix award was shared by clothing brand Diesel and Inbev-owned Argentinian beer Andes.
- Fashion-brand Diesel, no stranger to risqué advertising, ran a campaign called “Be Stupid”.
- A number of the ad executions, by ad agency Anomaly New York, featured more than a little flesh from models. One ad featured a girl on a ladder flashing her breasts at a CCTV camera, running with the line “Smart may have the brains, but stupid has balls”.